- Doctorate in Health Administration and Health Policy, College of Nursing and Health Science of George Mason University
- Master of Science, College of Nursing at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Bachelor of Science, Frances H. Cunningham College of Nursing at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- Sigma Theta Tau
Bonnie Barndt-Maglio, RN, PhD
Dr. Bonnie Barndt-Maglio, Managing Director of Prism Healthcare Partners LTD, is a seasoned executive with over 35 years of experience in the healthcare industry. She has extensive expertise in effective delivery of patient care, resource management, operations, and planning. Dr. Barndt-Maglio has a strong clinical and operations background, having held administrative and clinical positions in diverse healthcare organizations including community and specialty hospitals as well as academic medical centers. As a consultant, Dr. Barndt-Maglio assists healthcare organizations in designing and implementing processes to deliver quality patient care through efficient resource utilization.
- Advised a variety of healthcare organizations in the areas of outcome management, system redesign and process improvement, strategic planning, and financial analysis. Consulting work also includes care model redesign, development of centralized scheduling and quality services and performance monitoring systems and tools.
- Served in a number of interim leadership positions, including Vice President for Patient Services, Director of Maternal Child and Women’s Services, Chief Quality Officer, and Director of Labor Resource Management.
- Vice President, The Camden Group
- Director, Wellspring Partners
- Principal, Maglio and Associates Healthcare Consultants
- “Optimize patient throughput with these 4 hospital-hospitalist alignment strategies. Becker's Hospital Review | October 2017
- “How to develop an effective patient throughput initiative: 2 healthcare leaders weigh in. Becker's Hospital Review | October 2017
- “The healthcare executive’s 2-minute read on priorities in 2017: Physician operations, clinical performance, physician engagement and clinical integration," Becker's Hospital Review (June 2017)
- “Linking Analytics, Insights and Outcomes to Find Your Margin,” Preconference Workshop, HFMA’s 2016 National Institute (June 2016)
- “Operationalizing the Core Competencies of Inter-Professional Practice,” Virginia Health and Hospital Association, Virginia Nurses Foundation, and Medical Society of Virginia
- “Improving the Bottom Line by Optimizing Patient Throughput,” 35th National Symposium for Healthcare Executives (July 2015)
- “Improving the Bottom Line by Optimizing Patient Throughput,” ACHE 2015 Congress on Healthcare Leadership (March 2015)