- Master of Business Administration, J.L. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
President & CEO
Mukesh Gangwal, President and Chief Executive Officer of Prism Healthcare Partners LTD, is an expert in large-scale performance improvement projects, revenue cycle management, physician services and turnarounds. He is a co-founder of Prism and brings more than 30 years of healthcare consulting experience helping community hospitals, health systems and academic medical centers improve their operational and financial performance.
As a former partner and managing director at Arthur Andersen, Bearing Point and Huron Consulting, he has advised boards and management on cost and revenue improvements, often resulting in up to $100 million or more in annual recurring benefits for several clients.
- Served as Chief Turnaround Officer at a $1.5 billion multi-hospital health system in the Southeast and delivered annual recurring benefits exceeding $100 million: $40 million in revenue cycle benefits, 15-day reduction of accounts receivable, 1.6-day decrease in length of stay, $23 million reduction in labor cost and $28 million decrease in non-labor costs. Addressed change management issues with employees, clinicians and management that yielded tangible improvements in communication, team building and training.
- Served as client service executive to a nationally recognized academic medical center and helped consolidate revenue cycle operations across the enterprise, increasing net patient revenue by $62 million and reducing labor costs by $15 million. Assisted in developing strategies for a cancer center that spanned organizational structures, operational models and financial relationships with affiliated entities, leading team of non-labor experts on reducing $45 million in supply chain costs.
- Led a merger operational due diligence project for Midwest-based health systems with combined revenues of $3.4 billion, assessing benefits ranging from $122 to $250 million in a three- to five-year period in the areas of labor, non-labor, revenue cycle, physician services and clinical operations based on consolidation, service rationalization, corporate overhead reduction and standardization of operational practices. Under Mukesh’s leadership, he ultimately implemented $50 million in revenue cycle and non-labor consolidation benefits.
- Led a national initiative with five nationally recognized medical centers to develop and design an outpatient and service delivery model.
- Partner and National Leader of Revenue Cycle Practice, Arthur Andersen LLP
- Managing Director and National Leader of Revenue Cycle Practice, Bearing Point
- Managing Director and leader of Physician Practice and Integrated Performance Improvement Services, Huron Consulting
- “5 minutes, 6 tips for executive teams on successful integration" Becker's Hospital Review | October 2017
- “Change in Washington, D.C.: How should healthcare leaders plan for 2017?" Becker's Hospital Review 8th Annual Meeting (April 19, 2017)
- “3 ways hospitals can strengthen their operating margins amid ACA uncertainty," Becker's Hospital Review (April 2017)
- “ACA Repeal and Replace: What Providers Should be Doing," Webinar (March 27, 2017)
- “Merged and None the Wiser: What Keeps Hospitals from Gaining Economies of Scale?" Becker's Hospital Review (July 2015)
- “Could Your Organization Survive if Medicare Was Your Best Payer?" (March 2015)
- Adjunct Professor, J.L. Kellogg School of Management
- National Trustee of American India Foundation
- Served as member of Kellogg School of Management Alumni Board
- Chaired healthcare seminar with President Bill Clinton, Dean Dipak Jain and other healthcare luminaries at Kellogg School of Management
- Led national initiative with five reputed medical centers to develop and design an outpatient and service delivery model
- Frequently presents to Boards, executive leadership and professional associations on healthcare strategy, operations and finance