Laura Jacquin, RN
Laura Jacquin, RN, is a seasoned healthcare executive with over 25 years of healthcare management expertise in clinical operations and performance improvement.
In addition to practicing as a clinician, Laura has held senior leadership roles with several national and international consulting firms, providing consulting services involving hospital and continuum based care coordination, care progression, and clinical optimization. Most recently, Laura oversaw the clinical operations service line at a global consulting firm.
During her tenure at Wellspring Partners, Laura implemented and expanded the firm’s Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) practice. She also successfully integrated the CDI initiative with all of Wellspring’s other service offerings including Revenue Cycle, Labor, Non-Labor, Physician Services, Patient Progression, and Clinical Services.
- Responsible for the overall management of clinical operations assessments and implementations for the Clinical Operations Service Line. The scope of projects included assessment, redesign, and implementation in the areas of case management, care coordination, house management, patient placement, multidisciplinary care rounds, readmission management, care variation, and care across the continuum.
- Assisted CDI clients in realizing a 4-6% increase to their Medicare Case Mix Index and a 4-6:1 return on their investments, which led to $700,000 to $10 million in additional revenue per client, depending on organizational size.
- Led a cross-functional team, inclusive of representation from clinical operations, physician services, and strategy, to develop continuum care methodology, which included the following service offerings: continuum based care coordination, patient centered medical home, readmission management, population health management, and care variation.
- Managing Director, Huron Healthcare
- Managing Director, Navigant Consulting
- Managing Director, Wellspring + Stockamp Huron Healthcare
- President, Premier Healthcare Solutions
- Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- “6 things to know when preparing to implement outpatient CDI,” Becker’s Hospital Review (November 2017)
- “Review Coding for HCCs,” HIM Briefings (November 2017)
- “Guiding outpatient clinical documentation improvement,” HIM Briefings (October 2017)
- “Plateau Busting: Transforming a CDI Program to Optimize Quality and Revenue,” hfm (August 2017)
- “The healthcare executive’s 2-minute read on priorities for 2017: Revenue cycle and clinical documentation improvement,” Becker’s Hospital Review (June 2017)
- “Hospital leaders, it’s time to revitalize your CDI program: Here’s why and how,” Becker’s Hospital Review (October 2016)
- “Plateau-Busting: Take Your CDI Program to the Next Level to Maximize Impact,” HFMA’s 2016 National Institute (June 2016)