Mukesh Gangwal, Managing Director and co-leader of BRG | Prism Healthcare, is an expert in large-scale performance improvement projects, revenue cycle management, physician services and turnarounds.He brings more than 30 years of healthcare consulting experience helping community hospitals, health systems and academic medical centers improve their operational and financial performance.
As a former partner and managing director at Arthur Andersen, Bearing Point and Huron Consulting, he has advised boards and management on cost and revenue improvements, often resulting in up to $100 million or more in annual recurring benefits for several clients.
- Served as Chief Turnaround Officer at a $1.5 billion multi-hospital health system in the Southeast and delivered annual recurring benefits exceeding $100 million.
- Served as client service executive to a nationally recognized academic medical center and helped consolidate revenue cycle operations across the enterprise, increasing net patient revenue by $62 million and reducing labor costs by $15 million.
- Led a merger operational due diligence project for Midwest-based health systems with combined revenues of $3.4 billion, assessing benefits ranging from $122 to $250 million.
- Led a national initiative with five nationally recognized medical centers to develop and design an outpatient and service delivery model.
- Frequently presents to Boards, executive leadership and professional associations on healthcare strategy, operations and finance.
- Partner and National Leader of Revenue Cycle Practice, Arthur Andersen LLP
- Managing Director and National Leader of Revenue Cycle Practice, Bearing Point
- Managing Director and leader of Physician Practice and Integrated Performance Improvement Services, Huron Consulting
- Adjunct Professor, J.L. Kellogg School of Management
- National Trustee of American India Foundation
- Served as member of Kellogg School of Management Alumni Board
- Chaired healthcare seminar with President Bill Clinton, Dean Dipak Jain and other healthcare luminaries at Kellogg School of Management
- “5 minutes, 6 tips for executive teams on successful integration,” Becker’s Hospital Review (October 2017)
- “Change in Washington, D.C.: How should healthcare leaders plan for 2017?” Becker’s Hospital Review 8th Annual Meeting (April 19, 2017)
- “3 ways hospitals can strengthen their operating margins amid ACA uncertainty,” Becker’s Hospital Review (April 2017)
- “ACA Repeal and Replace: What Providers Should be Doing,” Webinar (March 27, 2017)
- “Merged and None the Wiser: What Keeps Hospitals from Gaining Economies of Scale?” Becker’s Hospital Review (July 2015)
- “Could Your Organization Survive if Medicare Was Your Best Payer?” (March 2015)