Paul Shade, Managing Director of Principle Valuation LLC, a Member of Prism Healthcare Partners, has nearly 15 years’ experience providing hospitals, healthcare systems and management companies with comprehensive valuation and financial advisory services for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, and compliance.
Prior to joining Principle Valuation, Paul served as a Director in the valuation services practice for a major consulting group. In this role, Paul assisted and led hundreds of projects that delivered industry-leading analyses to clients in the healthcare sector.
- Provided financial advisory and valuation services to a non-profit health system to support the acquisition of a $13 million net revenue orthopedic practice. Valuation services included the business valuation of the professional practice, physical therapy service line, and two of the group’s real estate holdings.
- Provided business valuations for an ambulatory surgery center and diagnostic imaging center for possible acquisition by an academic medical center.
- Led an ASC 350 impairment testing project for a multi-billion dollar national publicly traded hospital management company.
- Helped a health system meet certain bond covenant stipulations after the organization failed to meet the stated requirements. Deliverables included a performance improvement plan and financial forecast for when the system would resume compliance with the covenants.
- Led an ASC 805 purchase price allocation project for a multi-million dollar national publicly traded ambulatory surgery center management company.
- Provided numerous business enterprise and equity valuations for syndicated hospitals in the portfolio of a for-profit publicly traded hospital management company.
- Director, Huron Consulting Group
- Manager, Huron Consulting Group
- Senior Consultant, Wellspring Partners
- “ASC Mergers and Acquisitions 2017-2018,” Becker’s ASC Review 24th Annual Meeting (October 2017)
- “Physician practice valuations: 14 things for health system leaders to know,” Becker’s Hospital Review (September 2017)
- “ASC Mergers and Acquisitions 2016-2017,” Becker’s ASC Review 23rd Annual Meeting (October 2016)