Sean Angert, Managing Director with BRG | Prism Healthcare, brings over 30 years of experience helping healthcare providers improve their strategic direction and operational performance. Sean has worked with hundreds of hospitals, including academic medical centers and community hospitals, and health systems to implement changes in all areas of expense management and revenue enhancement. He is a nationally known expert in supply chain management, including operations, supply, and purchased services cost reduction. His additional areas of expertise include care variation, workforce management, clinical operations, physician practice management, revenue cycle, and healthcare informatics.
Sean has held a variety of leadership positions in healthcare consulting companies and GPOs. Sean was previously a National Partner for the Advisory Board, and before that, Managing Director, Client Service Executive, and Supply Chain Practice Leader for Huron Healthcare. He has worked with several academic and community integrated delivery networks to implement more than $50 million in benefits.
- Oversaw supply and purchased service projects for over 125 hospitals during his career. These engagements yielded 5-20% cost reduction in various categories by working with clinical and department management and staff to consolidate suppliers, standardize products and services, and improve utilization of supplies and services.
- Delivered over $80 million in annual savings through supply and purchased service cost reduction across 75-hospital, multi-state health system.
- Directed non-labor expense reduction at world-renowned academic health system to achieve over $55 million in annual expense reductions.
- Led large-scale performance improvement projects evaluating all areas of expense reduction and revenue enhancement with health systems and owned medical groups. These transformational engagements spanned 12-24 months and resulted in $50+ million of financial benefits to the health systems.
- National Partner, Advisory Board
- Managing Director, Huron Consulting Group
- Vice President, Supply Chain Performance Improvement, Premier, Inc.
- Vice President and Practice Leader, Concepts in Healthcare/BD Healthcare
- “View from the C-Suite: The New Reality of Cost Control,” Advisory Board Webinar (February 2018).
- “Rethinking Care Management at the Front End,” Advisory Board Webinar (January 2018).
- “Next Generation of Cost Management,” Journal of Healthcare Financial Management (March 2011).